Tuesday, June 12, 2012

3-Stage Snatches


Yep, another weightlifting post, I guess that I have a lot to say about it at the moment because it's the only interesting thing going on at the moment because of my exams.

The 3-stage snatch is my go-to exercise for when my snatch technique is lacking. I was taught it by my first coach but none of the other coaches I have trained under had ever heard of it but, once I had demonstrated it, they seemed happy enough to put it in my program when I need to work my technique.

The first stage
Starting position as normal, lift the bar as you would in the snatch but stop at the knee and go back to starting position.

The second stage
Starting position to second pull. No arm bending and shoulders shrugged up to your earlobes. This really demonstrates the triple-extension and the importance of the second pull.

The third stage
Full squat snatch.

Because my issue is that I 'kick' too early to get under the bar, this exercise really helps me 'remember' to feel and complete the second pull.

I actually haven't found any mention on the Internet or any videos or anything on this exercise so if anyone out there has heard of it or uses it, drop me a comment.

Do you have a go-to exercise for technique? I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment