Monday, June 18, 2012

Goal setting - Vic Junior Champs

The other day at training, my coach asked me if I wanted to enter the Victoria Junior Championships in September because it's my only opportunity to compete as a Junior (20 is the age cap).
Also because I need a goal to work towards. It also means I need to get a lifting suit. Bring on the unsexyness!
I am rather excited!!!

I'm also rather pleased because my snatch has been improving a lot and I'm hoping that it will get a lot better in the coming weeks although, I am a bit worried about the state of my technique while I spend a month away from Phoenix (home in 3 days!) because I won't be seeing my coach for all of that because he's going to London for 6 weeks.

I also found this funky diagram which shows some interesting things about technique. I have a friend who lifts as well, G, who loves maths; he would adore this picture:


On a side note, I watched the Australian Qualifiers on the AWF live-stream. That was very exciting although who would get the places were obvious. (Congratulations to Seen Lee and Damon Kelly!)

On an unrelated note, it was my 4th year anniversary today with my partner S, who I get to see on Wednesday! So very excited! Very much looking forwards to going home and seeing my family as well.
My last assessment is tomorrow, I will be very glad when it is over!

Much love ~<3

No comments:

Post a Comment