Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Prince of Egypt

When I was little, I watched a variety of animated films and televisions shows, some of which were based off the bible and religious text.
I'm not particularly religious and I don't think that you have to be religious in order to enjoy biblical films.

One of my favourite films of my childhood was The Prince of Egypt, a Dreamworks cartoon film based off the tale of Moses. It is a beautiful film with a gorgeous animation style as well as an amazing score with many powerful songs. Whether you are religious or not, you can always appreciate a quality piece of entertainment that tells one of the most well-known biblical tales.

Here is the film part 1/10 on youtube that I found. Whatever you believe, put it aside and watch it. It is a really nice film and the songs in it are equally as moving. Sometimes I think that people put too much emphasis in upholding their beliefs rather than just enjoying the creations of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment